Thursday, May 7, 2015

EVERY

Recently, I have devotion using Gospel of Matthew.

Matthew 4:23-25
23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. 24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them. 25 Large crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him.

ONE word that caught my attention is:

EVERY.

...and healing EVERY disease and sickness among the people. (Verse 23)

How many times I quenched Holy Spirit's little prompting to share His love? How many times I withheld a burning compassion to love my neighbors? How many times I, due to my little faith, were unwilling to extend my hand to pray for the person who is needy and sick just in front of me?

Jesus never give up on EVERY one of us. Jesus healed EVERY one of us. Jesus has compassion on EVERY one of us. Jesus loves EVERY one of us.

Why should I be otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment